- Kieran Lee from the Friends of Bennerley Viaduct was a guest at this meeting and we had a discussion on how his organization had managed to achieve so much progress towards the restoration of the Viaduct. Kieran is to give a presentation at our AGM on 20th January.
- Another key speaker at the AGM will be Matthew Holmes, Deputy Leader of Derby City Council. This will be the first formal appearance of a Councillor at our AGM. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say and we need to have a good number in the audience.
- We agreed the brief to be offered to students of the University to investigate the history of the Bridge, particularly its social history
- It was agreed that we should pursue making the case for the Bridge to be relisted as Grade II*.
- While Peter Moseley has a few more presentations about the Bridge booked in his diary he would like to have the opportunity to talk to many more general interest groups, history groups, railway and engineering societies etc.
- Our “horse race night” team have another event booked but would also welcome more opportunities. We supply the films and run the event, splitting the proceeds with the host organization.
Report from Trustees’ Meeting 7th January 2020
More from Trustee Meeting ReportMore posts in Trustee Meeting Report »