- Kieran Lee from the Friends of Bennerley Viaduct was a guest at this meeting and we had a discussion on how his organization had managed to achieve so much progress towards the restoration of the Viaduct. Kieran is to give a presentation at our AGM on 20th January.
- Another key speaker at the AGM will be Matthew Holmes, Deputy Leader of Derby City Council. This will be the first formal appearance of a Councillor at our AGM. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say and we need to have a good number in the audience.
- We agreed the brief to be offered to students of the University to investigate the history of the Bridge, particularly its social history
- It was agreed that we should pursue making the case for the Bridge to be relisted as Grade II*.
- While Peter Moseley has a few more presentations about the Bridge booked in his diary he would like to have the opportunity to talk to many more general interest groups, history groups, railway and engineering societies etc.
- Our “horse race night” team have another event booked but would also welcome more opportunities. We supply the films and run the event, splitting the proceeds with the host organization.
Posts published in January 2020
Just a quick reminder of The Friends Of Friargate Bridge AGM on 20th January 2020 at 7.30pm. The venue is The Greyhound, 75-76 Friargate, Derby, DE1 1FN. We have invited a couple of special guests to address the meeting and it should be very interesting to hear what they have to say. All are welcome but only existing members can vote at the meeting. If you would like to join on the night we will be welcoming new members. Come along and support us in our endeavour to restore this beautiful (or potentially so) Derby landmark. Come and meet the Trustees who will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the bridge