Here are some key points from the FFGB trustees’ meeting on 8 January 2018:
- Two representatives from the Derby Civic Society attended the meeting and have offered to provide direct help to FFGB where required.
- Consideration is being given to making a (limited) announcement of progress at the Marketing Derby breakfast meeting on Friday 19 January 2018 at Intu.
- If anyone has suggestions for changes to the new website, developed by Jayne Courts of Human Interface Publications – please do get in touch with her.
- Latham Architects are progressing well with their project to evaluate the most viable option for the restoration and long-term sustainable use of the Bridge. A final report is planned within the next 3 months.
- An initial meeting was held with our appointed ‘Governance Consultant’ on Monday 15 January and a forward plan sketched out – encompassing advice on the appropriate Organisation Structure for FFGB and a comprehensive Governance Review.
- To prepare ourselves for the future, recruitment of 2-3 suitable Trustees has been allocated our number one priority. We are looking for people who are passionate the project and we would like to hear from anyone who is interested.